To subscribe to tips by email, click here and send an email with your name and email address (please make sure the subject line reads "Subscribe"). If you no longer wish to receive tips by email, you can click here and send a blank email with the subject line "Unsubscribe."
Okay. So your summer is underway and you didn''t listen to last month''s advice and now you have a sunburn. Here are a few suggestions to help relieve that sunburn pain.
- Add 10 drops of LAVENDER oil to 4 ounces of water. Spritz on sunburned skin as needed.
- Add 2 – 3 drops of LAVENDER oil to 1 tsp of a carrier oil, such as sweet almond oil or grape seed oil. Massage onto sunburned areas.
- Soak a linen cloth in equal amounts of CIDER VINEGAR and water; wring out the cloth and apply to the sunburned body part.
- Apply a thin coat of YOGURT or ALOE VERA gel to reddened areas, to reduce inflammation, cool and moisturize the skin.
REMEMBER: If your sunburn is blistering, you need to seek medical attention - either your family doctor or your local emergency department.
Those little critters seem to enjoy summer as much as we do and they always seem to be trying to occupy the same space we are in. Here are some ideas for natural repellents as well as how to treat the bites.
- Insects dislike the smell of EUCALYPTUS. To make an insect repellent, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to massage oil. Place a few drops in an infuser to keep the room pest free. You could use it as a body oil, but the smell might be a bit overwhelming.
- Flies and mosquitoes do not like the smell of BASIL. Place small pots of the herb throughout the house or on the porch or patio to deter those insects.
- Keep mosquitoes out of the house by using TEA TREE oil in a diffuser. If you don''t like the smell of the TEA TREE oil you can mix it with the following scents:
3 drops of tea tree oil + 2 drops of lavender oil + 3 drops of bergamot oil
4 drops of tea tree oil + 3 drops of bergamot oil
And finally, if you still get bitten…
- use a combination of TEA TREE and LAVENDER oils applied UNDILUTED to the skin to help clear up and soothe any type of insect bites even spider bites.
HolHealth Connections invites you experience the benefits that the exquisite care and maintenance of your inner and outer being can bring...contact us today for more info!