Amnesia is memory loss / memory someone, such as events, information, and experiences. In general amnesia does not cause loss of identity. Symptoms are also called Amnestic syndrome is usually clear and the patient knew who he was, but had trouble learning about information and forming new memories.
Amnesia caused by damage to parts of the brain important for memory processes. Unlike a temporary episode of memory loss (transient global amnesia), Amnestic syndrome can be a permanent memory loss. Clinical treatment mentioned, there is no specific treatment for amnesia, but there are techniques for improving memory. Psychological support and family can also help people with amnesia.
The main feature of amnesia is an impaired ability to learn new information after the onset of amnesia (anterograde amnesia) as well as an impaired ability to remember past events and information previously known. People with the syndrome Amnestic can not store new information. In some instances they were impaired at the level of his memory. However, this memory loss will not affect intelligence, general knowledge, awareness, attention span, assessments, personality, and their identity. Amnestic syndrome usually can understand written and spoken. They did not lose the expertise that they possess, such as riding motorcycles, playing guitar.
Symptom of Amnesia :
Patients with amnesia are easily recognized. He was not able to learn new things or remember things before. Another sign, patients experience barriers to social and occupational functioning. Still more accurate medical examination to determine the patient has amnesia or other brain disorders.
- Do not consume too much alcohol.
- Use a helmet when cycling or motor biking and always wear safety belts when driving a car.
- Immediate treatment if they have an infection that had not spread to the brain.
- Immediately do the medical attention if you experience symptoms that lead to the occurrence of stroke or brain aneurysm (swelling of the brain blood vessels), a trillionth ti ta ser severe headache numbness or paralysis side.
Causes of Amnesia :
- False memories (confabulation)
- Neurological problems, such as tremors and seizures
- Brain damage, either due to disease or injury in a collision
- Per plant of the brain (caused by tumors or infection)
- Brain infections, such as Lyme disease or syphilis
- Depression or emotional trauma, brain trauma, hysteria and stroke
- The drugs, benzodiazepines and trillionth ti anesthetic drugs
- electro convulsif therapy (especially those done in the long run)
- Anesthetic drugs
- Problem nutrients (vitamin B12)
Treatment of Amnesia :
Handling in patients with amnesia can be done with a supportive approach. A closer approach to matters relating to both the time and place that have or are currently experienced by patients.